Monday, November 11, 2013

Some family portraits from a while back


This is my grandmother. She is over 80. I had not seen her for about 4 years until last month, due to my travels. I found her physically aged, yet mentally still as sharp as ever before.


She didn't like that she had her glasses in the previous picture. So she asked me redo the photograph without them. This one, for me, sums up who she is, or rather who I have known her to be all my childhood.


This is my aunt, my mom's older sister. She has been one of the most loving and caring women I have ever known. It's been interesting to observe the aging in her face. 


 


This is my uncle, husband of the aunt above. Same goes for him. I'm saddened and amazed with how aging has shadowed this couple's faces in the last few years.



And here is just a quiet, peaceful lake sunset, that we came across while traveling in between towns.

1 comments:

Sue said...

So nice to see your family Pinar! I'd love to meet them! Sue

About Me

My photo
Ankara , Türkiye
I am a photographer and photo editor based in Ankara, Turkey. See more of my work here: http://pinaristek.virb.com/

Followers