Tuesday, November 19, 2013

On Photographing Strangers: Part V


Coming from a photojournalistic background, I tend to speak to the people I photograph. Otherwise it makes me feel like I objectify the people, I disrespect them by not acknowledging them.

This photo was an exception. It was pretty much a sneaky shot, as I snapped this one single frame, passing by the family. Hoping that I got the shot... It is not exactly what I had foreseen but it is something. I didn't wanna bother this little family while the parents were practicing their morning yoga, assisting one another and the little girl was running around and swimming inside  a small tide pool. I felt like if I asked for permission, I would lose the moment or their concentration on just being and living there at that moment.

I could probably talk to them afterwards but they were just so immersed in basically being a family, I just didn't wanna bother them.



Looking back, it still seems pretty surreal to me that I lived and worked in a surf town in Costa Rica.

I shot this on a surf contest day. I feel like in the crowd and craziness of the day, I found some quietness and solitude with this picture.



Another shot I didn't let the subject know about, rather didn't wanna bother him with it. He was just checking the surf. If I were him, I would hate to be distracted.

This is the last post from these hold series. Hope y'all enjoyed looking at the pictures.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Ankara , Türkiye
I am a photographer and photo editor based in Ankara, Turkey. See more of my work here: http://pinaristek.virb.com/

Followers