Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homesick(?)


My lovely country is famous for its food, Kebab. It's a dish, of which main ingredient is beef or lamp. And there are many different types of Kebab. But in the simplest form, it is known as Shish Kebab. In Turkey, pretty much wherever you go, you will find kebab restaurants. Some of them can have this kitsch/cheesy design art on their windows or walls.

The store you see in this picture is right in front of my place. And it is a jewellery store. But lately i have been having these hallucinations, that make me think that this word "KEDAR" is actually "KEBAB". And every time this happens, I get excited with the idea of eating kebab for a few seconds and then I face with the green reality of the building, where I live. So I feel like I am missing Turkey a little bit...


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Pinar, let me tell you, that I loved your story, It kind of make me think of old town, the place where I used to live, 6 years ago, indeen, things like that can make you feel homesick from time to time, but, you´ll get over it.
The photo, it´s amazing Pinar, congratulation, it looks so proffesional, really congrats, it´s so deep, dark, so inspiring.
Continue with the good job teacher, you´re really good at what you do, ok.

Have a lovely Week.

About Me

My photo
Ankara , Türkiye
I am a photographer and photo editor based in Ankara, Turkey. See more of my work here: http://pinaristek.virb.com/

Followers