Saturday, January 28, 2012

Picture Story blog comment

I really enjoyed Madeline's Honey Pie post and Ellen's One in Eight Million. They are both beautiful in very different ways. Honey Pie, as Madeline said, is kind of creepy. It made me uncomfortable. It showed and taught me something that I had never seen or heard of. That video dragged me out of my comfort zone. The way it was made was also interesting to see. I really enjoyed the introduction of the subject through detail shots. It slowly built the mood by showing little chunks of images instead of showing the whole thing up front. Great way of telling a visual story. Basically they built up such a curiosity in me that I couldn't help but keep watching it. At the end, I already learned some about the subject but I wanted to know, which is a great thing experience.

And when I first watched Ellen's piece, all I could say was "what the f*!". Another well done visual piece but also great example of the kind of journalism, where one would find tiny bit awesome stories in their backyard.

They both taught me something new about our world. They both made me feel something for the subjects. Thank you for sharing these!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Ankara , Türkiye
I am a photographer and photo editor based in Ankara, Turkey. See more of my work here: http://pinaristek.virb.com/

Followers