Wednesday, April 7, 2010

broken smile...

Pat Fickess, 79, is the mother of my roommate, Shannon Dennis. She has been living in a nursing home in Columbia, MO since winter, 2009. Shannon said that her mother has some kind of dementia. It started with loosing her ability to speak and write slowly. Now she is not able to speak at all.
Shannon found this photo of Pat from 1952 at home. Her beauty made me want to draw again. I know it is not even near to her beauty, but I tried at least. After couple of tries over two weeks, I came up with this final drawing.
I think the evolution that human body goes through over a life time period is fascinating...

Pat Fickess, 1952...

a drawing of this photo, which I finished last night. Far from her actual beauty...

Pat Fickess, 2009...


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Ankara , Türkiye
I am a photographer and photo editor based in Ankara, Turkey. See more of my work here: http://pinaristek.virb.com/

Followers